Hawaii Registered Agent Services

Frequently Asked Questions

How to I register my business in Hawaii?

Once you have subscribed with us to be your Registered Agent the next step is to complete the business registration process with the state of Hawaii on their website: http://cca.hawaii.gov/breg/registration/

What is a Registered Agent?

A registered agent accepts legal documents on behalf of your business, making sure you don't miss important information regarding your business, lawsuits, or judgments involving your business.

Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Hawaii?

You should hire us first before you form your business because a Registered Agent name and address are needed to complete your business application.

What if I want to change my current Hawaii registered agent to to Cape Project Management, Inc.?

You need subscribe to one of our plans and complete the Hawaii Statement of Change of Registered Agent Form X-7 along with payment to the State of Hawaii.

Why choose Cape Project Management, Inc. as your Registered Agent?

Cape Project Management, Inc. is a business consulting company registered to do business in Hawaii and maintains a physical presence as required by law. (We actually live and work here!) Also, our compliance portal is fully automated and you can update or cancel your account at anytime online.

When do I need a registered agent in Hawaii?

If you do not reside in the state of Hawaii and want to create a Hawaii corporation or if your existing non-Hawaii, "foreign", corporation wants to do business in Hawaii. Registered Agents are needed for the following Hawaii Business types:

Domestic Profit Corporation
Domestic Nonprofit Corporation
Foreign Profit Corporation
Foreign Nonprofit Corporation
Domestic General Partnership
Foreign General Partnership
Domestic Limited Partnership and Domestic Limited Liability Limited Partnership
Foreign Limited Partnership and Foreign Limited Liability Limited Partnership
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Foreign Limited Liability Company
Domestic Limited Liability Partnership
Foreign Limited Liability Partnership

To register any of these business types or for more information, see Hawaii's Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Business Registration.

Can I use the Registered Agent for any business mailings in Hawaii?

No, the Registered Agent service only receives those mailing required by law as a registered Agent. A Registered Agent’s primary responsibility is to receive and forward service of process and other legal documents. A Registered Agent also forwards annual reports, tax notices and mail from state agencies. For complete mail forwarding services, use our mail forwarding service consisting of scanning and/or forwarding other types of mail. This service is limited to Regular Mail, Certified Mail and FedEx/UPS or other courier services.

How do I update my Credit Card information for the annual renewal?

Once you login to your account you will have access to the Account menu where you will see a selection for "Update Payment" or you can click here.

I am no longer doing business in Hawaii, how can I cancel my subscription?

That's easy! Just login to your account then you can cancel here.